We are excited to share our 3rd installment of a new monthly series called The Fancy Five. We poll our favorite businesses, bloggers, and fancy friends to tell us 5 things that they think a Fancy Girl (aged tween and younger) must have. This week we had the opportunity to chat with style expert and nationally recognized “media maven,” Amy E. Goodman. This former magazine editor has parlayed her editorial and media career into a successful role as a celebrity style expert and frequent guest on national talk shows and programming like Good Morning America, The Early Show, The View, The Rachael Ray Show,CNN, Access Hollywood, ET! and VH1. Her fast-selling first book, Wear This, Toss That! (Atria Books, Simon & Schuster), is filled with practical fashion and beauty advice for real women. It débuted on Today and became the number one fashion book on Amazon.com.
Amy is also a super mom, juggling her public career while at home with two kids. Her life is part of her work and she makes no excuses for taking conference calls in a carpool. She keeps it real and keeps it fancy and fun. And that’s why she’s a perfect contributor for our Fancy 5!
Below are Amy’s picks for the Fancy Tween and Little Girl. She’s so fabulous, she gave us 5 + 2!
- Tropical Attire (www.teacollection.com): One of my fav brands for kiddos, Tea Collection, has the new Bali Kuta Beach collection, and this Kupu Kupu 5-piece set has all your summer clothing essentials. Just kill me now with that sweet romper!
- Cute Crossbody (www.roxy.com): Speaking of bags, this Pass Key Mini Purse ($32) by Roxy simply rocks, and will hold all your tween’s prized possessions.
- Tinted Gloss (www.meetmark.com): Celebrate natural beauty with Mark’s Glow Baby Glow Luxe Hook Up Lip Gloss that comes in a mini vial—perfect to fit into sugar pea’s smaller purse. $6.50
- Floral Swimwear (www.stellamccartney.com): Stella McCartney’s kids line is irresistible in every way, and worth the splurge for the splash this flower power bikini makes! (Noodles Two-piece swimwear set, $59)
- Pink Cowboy Boots (www.amazon.com): Important for rompin’, jumpin’ over summer puddles and channeling your inner Tomboy.
Plus, two extras for the Fancy Girl who likes to change things up: