Those of us who follow color trends on a regular basis always look forward to the time of year with Pantone makes their annual Color of the Year announcement. Earlier this week, they revealed the 2014 color to be Radiant Orchid. From the official Pantone press release, the executive director of the Pantone Color Institute® Leatrice Eiseman commented that “while the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination.” Typically, the color choice is a reflection of the social climate, with Eisman adding that “Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.”
Even though our Fancy Girls already live in a pink and purple world, we are sure to see more of this hue popping up from fashion to decor and more. Below are some picks we think your Fancy Girls will love.
1. Initial “M” Keyfob, $48, Henri Bendel | 2.Animal Enamel Bracelet, $14.90, Delia’s | 3. Yosi Samra Two Tone Bow Cap T, $62.95, Nordstrom | 4. Purple Orchid Flower Headband, $15, A Pink Princess | 5. Girl’s Play Dress Up Clothes, $63, A Pink Princess| 6. Girls’ Jacket in Ruffle Velour, $54.99, Juicy Couture | 7. Pumped Up Purple Nail Polish, $4.90, Delia’s | 8. MILLY MINIS Little Girl’s Embellished Two-Tone Sweater Dress in Orchid, $145, Saks
Day 4 of our Holiday Gift Guide features gifts for the little artist from Debra at The Harried Mom. Your Fancy Girl can mimic the works of famous artists with helpful guides and art supplies to help her get into her element. Product details below.
1. Modern Art Color Your Own Art Book, $4.99, MoMA Store, and Drawing: For the Artistically Undiscovered, $17.96, Amazon | 2. Children’s Art Activity Easel, $119.99, Art Alternatives | 3. Figure Drawing Introduction Set by Aria, $10.99, Madison Art Shop | 4. It’s a Draw Art Box, $79, Land of Nod | 5. Modern Chevron Washi Tape, $2, Cutetape.com
For the Fancy Girl Tween- Interior Design Studio Kit, $39.98, Hearth Song
Day 3 of our Holiday Gift Guide features gifts for the little crafter from the ultimate DIYer on the Mom Team, Laurel of A Bubbly Life. Every up and coming DIY guru should know the words Washi Tape, and there’s a great starter assortment in her picks below.
1. Martha Stewart’s Favorite Crafts for Kids, $17.60, Amazon | 2. Art Jar, $34, Pottery Barn Kids | 3. Jumbo Washi Tape Set, $18, Whimseybox.com | 4. Ms. Tulip Stitch Kit, $24.95, Land of Nod | 5. Waste-Not Animal Kit (Fox), $14.95, Land of Nod
Day 2 of our Holiday Gift Guide features “objects of envy” for the little fashionista. For the Fancy Girl who, no matter what her age, will always love the glitter, shimmer, and sine of things. Today’s picks are from Beth of Cake It Up, LLC.
1. Sparkly Cross, $38, ObjectsdEnvy.com | 2. Sequin Party Dress, $45, and Ballet Flats, $33, Boden USA | 3. Birdie’s B’Dazzled Rings, $15, Cake It Up | 4. DIY Glitter Ornament (tutorial), Mom4Real.com | 5. Girl’s Stretch Glitter Denim Leggings, $69, Neiman Marcus
As our Fancy Girls grow and develop specific interests and talents, it makes the gift giving season even more enjoyable. Our Mom Team has put together gift ideas for Fancy Girls with diverse interests. Today, we begin with CC at A Working Mom Today who has put together a guide for the little writer in your life.
1. Lap Desk w/ Vinyl Monogram, $36.95, invitecottage.com | 2. Sweet Desserts Charm Wooden Pencil, $2.25 each, CoolPencilCase.com | 3. Story Jumper- Publish Your Own Children’s Books, starts at $24.95, StoryJumper.com | 4. Choose Your Color Pencil Case, $7.25, CoolPencilCase.com | 5. Journal Notebook, $34.50, Etsy
Glitter finds its way into my holiday decor all year round. My favorite color theme for the fall season is the metallic blend of golds, silvers and bronze. Today is all about glittery Thanksgiving decor if that’s your style too. Enjoy!
What Fancy Girl can resist a pink tutu? And as you can see from celebrity fashionista Honor Warren, you don’t have to dress like a ballerina from head-to-toe to embrace your inner tiny dancer.
Photo credit: celebritybabies.people.com
Honor is wearing the “Isabella” skirt ($52) by one of our newest favorites WUNWAY, and has paired it with a grey henley and ankle boots. What I love most about this skirt is that you’ll have it for many years as your Fancy Girl grows. It’ll go from tea-length to a knee-length, and it will still look appropriate. You can grab the skirt here or browse some more budget-conscious options below.
1. Vintage Pink Tutu Skirt, $35.19, Etsy | 2. AlexandAlexa Mayoral Pink Tulle Tutu Skirt, $35, AlexandAlexa.com | 3. Joe Fresh Star Tutu Skirt, $8.99, JCPenney | 4. Dollie & Me Bodysuit & Tutu Skirt Set, $29.99, Dillard’s
Stella & Dot recently released their Little Girls 2013 Collection and it’s already showing up in the jewelry boxes of Hollywood’s Fancy Girls. From charming hot pink and tangerine butterflies to adorable bright pink hearts, the stylish and safe collection was designed with the mini-fashionista in mind. If you love Stella & Dot for yourself, you owe it to your Fancy Girl to browse this collection.
SJP’s stylish twosome Tabitha & Marion Broderick went trick-or-treating wearing the Color Crush Statement Necklace and the Olive Pearl Bib Necklace.
Violet Affleck was spotted wearing the Mini Soiree Necklace ($24.00).
The Stella & Dot Little Girls 2013 Collection retails from $22-$49 and is available online at www.stelladot.com
If your Fancy Girl has not taken off her Halloween cowgirl boots since the holiday, just go with it. Even if they’re bright red and blingy and totally unreasonable, she’s actually very on trend. And even if there is no evidence of farm life anywhere near your neighborhood, cowgirl boots are less about function as they are about style. My Fancy Girl had a pair of pink cowgirl boots that she started wearing just for fun, but soon graduated to wearing them to school (after one of her classmates did and I never heard the end of it). And since I’m on the hunt for a new pair now for BOTH of my Fancy Girls, I was inspired to share some other boot options to take your FG into the colder months.
Product info below. Happy shopping and see even more styles at our Pinterest board.
Counter-Clockwise from Top Right: 1.Venettini Kids 31-Brit, $73.75, Zappos | 2. Madden Girl Gamer Boot, $48.30, Belk.com | 3. Sparkle Boot, $24.95, Children’s Place | 4. Old West Kids Boots Western Snip Toe Boot, $66, Zappos | 5.Bogs Summit in Heather Grey, $69.95, ShoeBuy | 6. Laredo Kids Glitterachi, $63, Zappos | 7. Floret Boot (Infant/Toddler/Youth) by Livie & Luca, $58, Piperlime | 7. Minnetonka 3 Layer Fringe Boot, $65.95, ShoeBuy | 8. Naturino Yule, $96.96, Zappos
Lord & Taylor announces its Friends & Family sale, beginning TODAY, Wednesday, October 23rd. The sale will take place in-store as well as online through Tuesday, October 29th. Almost all regular and sale merchandise will be 25% off and customers will also be offered 10% off cosmetics and fragrances.
Grab & print your savings pass below! (Click the link for PDF version)
Lord & Taylor F&F