We are excited to share our 2nd installment of a new monthly series called The Fancy Five. We poll our favorite businesses, bloggers, and fancy friends to tell us 5 things that they think a Fancy Girl (aged tween and younger) must have. This week we had the opportunity to chat with the founder and editor-in-chief of Babystyle Magazine, Kaitlyn (Kate) Kirby. After an impressive response to their December 2011 holiday preview, she launched the spring issue with one of our favorite Fancy Moms and Fancy Celebs: Jessica Alba and her little girls Honor and Haven.
We look forward to seeing more from Babystyle. In the meantime, here are Kate’s Fancy 5 (product info below):
- KiwiCrate (www.kiwicrate.com) — KiwiCrate is a monthly box of crafts and activities delivered straight to your door. It’s a great way to spark creativity during the Summer months and what child doesn’t like getting mail.
- Lou Lou Ghost Chair for Kids (www.Barneys.com) — This chair is so modern and perfect for a Fancy Girl. I adore the pink color and now that it comes in children’s sizes, I love it even more!
- Bathing Suits by Snapping Turtle Kids (snappingturtlekids.com) — I was first introduced to these by Gotham and Hamptons Magazines’ Editor-in-Chief Samantha Yanks. They have the sweetest prints and patterns and are a fabulous way to add pizazz to the beach this Summer.
- Milly for Sperry Topsider (www.SperryTopsider.com)– Milly Minis is one of my favorite children’s collections and now they’ve collaborated with Sperry Topsider for a great Summer look. Nautical chic is the best this time of year.
- A floral headband– I love this one from J.Crew. Headbands, especially those with a bright pink bow, are a girl’s greatest accessory. Very Eloise.