From cat eye glasses to drop-waist art deco dresses, retro fashion is everywhere. Even though 2012 is the year of 80s neon (totally radical in my opinion), the earlier decades still reign as an era of sophistication, IMHO, and will always have influence on Fancy Momma fashion. And so I’m happy to see children’s swimwear embracing the more modest and ladylike trend. While some girls’ swimsuits are going in the direction of the itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny bikini, retro is on trend, age appropriate and fancy!
With Memorial Day Weekend behind us, this is a perfect time to get a swimsuit for your Fancy Girl. Below are some of my favorite picks for summer.
- Plaid Skirted Bikini, $28.99 JanieandJack.com
- Submarine Red stripe Swimsuit with flower corsage, $88 AlexandAlexa.com
- Rachel Riley Vintage Rose Print Sun Suit, $95 AlexandAlexa.com
- Girls’ retro bikini set in polka dot, $52.50 J.Crew
- Juicy Couture Toddler’s & Little Girl’s Ruffled One-Piece Swimsuit, $68.60 SaksFifthAvenue.com
- Xhilaration® Girls Swim Sunglasses – Pink.Opens in a new window, $5.99 Target
- Polka Dot Boat Sneaker, $19.95 Crazy8.com
- Bloom swim cap, $14.99 Gap.com