If your calendar for the next week is anything like mine, you probably have at least one St. Patrick’s Day themed event going on. Whether it’s a parade or a school party, everyone is going Irish for the day..or the week. If you’re still looking for quick and easy crafts, check out 3 ideas from the always clever and creative FamilyFun Magazine. I especially love the “Over the Rainbow” heathy snack idea at the end.
1. Cut four half-inch rings from a flattened cardboard tube, then cut through one of the folds on each ring.
2. For three of the rings, bend and glue the two ends to form a heart-shaped leaf.
3. Fold the fourth ring into a triangular stem and glue the ends together.
4. Glue the stem between two leaves, then glue on the third.
5. Paint the shamrock green. When it’s dry, hang it with fishing line or string.
Printable beard template from familyfunmag.com
1. Print out beard template from familyfunmag.com
2. Cut the shape from a piece of faux fur and a piece of corrugated cardboard (with the corrugations running vertically).
3. Glue the fur to the cardboard.
4. Place a bit of glue on the end of a bamboo skewer, then insert it into one of the center flutes of the cardboard.
5. Let the glue dry before employing the disguise.
Over the Veggie Rainbow
Dip of choice (we used guacamole)
Bell peppers – various colors
1. Fill a small bowl with dip.
2. Slice four long strips of bell peppers in various colors and arrange them as shown.
3. Cut two small cauliflower clouds, skewer each with a toothpick, then position one on each side of the peppers.
4. Place sliced carrot coins beside the bowl for the leprechaun’s pot of gold.