All of a sudden my girls are big football fans. Well, they don’t actually watch the game, but my eldest says her favorite team is The Giants and my middle daughter “likes” The Eagles. With The Big Game coming up on Sunday, they’re getting excited about watching football with friends and eating junk food. We’ll probably do a little decorating for our gathering too, which got me thinking about a girls’ football themed party. What would that look like? Not surprisingly, there are a plethora of ideas on Pinterest for a girly football party: women’s fantasy football parties, girls’ football birthdays and even gender reveal parties that use the football theme. If your Fancy Girl is a big football fan, below are some ways you can blend her fancy and sport side into one theme for her birthday.
- Football Favor Box, Zazzle: I used to-go containers for my daughter’s birthday last year and it was a great way for the girls to carry home the crafts they made along with the goods in the boxes..
- Football Nail Art, BModish: Do I need to give you a reason? You could even throw in your team’s favorite colors in place of the green “turf”.
- Football Hot Cocoa Bar, Hostess With The Mostess: Perhaps the best use of the built-in football color scheme! I would take it a step further and get sprinkles or rock candy in your team’s colors.
- Football Tutu, Etsy: What I love about this tutu is that it doesn’t scream football but it represents your team loyalty.
- Game Day Centerpieces, B. Lovely Events: If you’re keeping things simple in the decor department, centerpieces can add some nice color and height to a food table or dessert display. For the low budget version, you can get a glass cylinder vase at the dollar store, wrap a football printed paper around the outside (or make one with construction paper), and add your choice of silk flowers.
- DIY Tissue Paper Pom Poms by US! Watch our tutorial over on YouTube. This could be a quick craft the kids make at the party and take home with them.
- Girls Football Cake Pops, Kelley Morrison: The cake pops alone don’t scream football, but they instantly take on the appearance of foosball with the field stand. It appears to be green felt wrapped around the cake pop holder (or maybe a big block of styrofoam) with white felt used for the goal lines.
- Powder Puff Cookie Recipe, totalgirl.com.au: Get it? Powder Puff…Puff Pastry? These are super cute!