*This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for shopping!
Of of the many trends for kids this fall, the Space Science trend easily plays to the curious and inquisitive mind of a child. I think most people have memories of looking in the clear night sky trying to identify the constellations, and surely you or someone you know has dreamed of being an astronaut. I’m all for more encouragement of the sciences through clothing, and I’m pleased to see less gender stereotyping when it comes to the academic-focused choices. Girls who show an interest in science, or space in this case, have more options that show actual related graphics like constellations and planets in their favorite colors and styles instead of just a sparkly animal. And while the space/celestial theme is not a new one, it’s getting a little more literal with its use of metallic/foil fabrics, celestial prints and futuristic designs. This is the season to fully embrace the silver metallic hoodie, but be careful with a head-to-toe look. You don’t want your child to leave the house looking like a roll of foil.
Here are 8 ways your Fancy Girl can rock the outer space trend without looking like a space cadet:
1. Star Gazer Outfit, $34.95, Fabkids
See it on my own FabKid!
2. Girls’ Belted Maxi Dress, $13.99, Target
3. Girls’ Glow-in-the-dark Space Graphic T-shirt, $19.50, Lands’ End
3. Silver Metallic Wedge Sneakers, $20.99, Justice
4. Girls’ Celestial Tee Dress with Bow, $69.50, J. Crew
5. Jessica Simpson Big Girls’ Eva French Terry Drawstring Pant, $16.30, Amazon
6. Vans Kids Classic Slip-On, $40, Zappos
7. ‘Mossbud Swirl’ Reversible Water Resistant Jacket, $110, Nordstrom
Friday Fresh Picks are hand-picked favorite items, reviews and highlights from the amazing women you see above.
Visit their websites to learn about other amazing picks from this week!