If you could give your favorite handbag a personality type, or even a name, what would you pick? When you bought the bag, you probably picked a style and color that was among your favorites, which means you would have a lot in common with it. And it probably spends a lot of time with you, like a good friend or a bestie? I know this might seem like an odd list of questions, but to your Fancy Girls, it would probably be fun to come up with answers. The good news, is that there is a line of handbags for girls that each come with its own personality. It’s the Bestie Bag, and your Fancy Girls are going to love it!
The Bestie Bag is a bright and colorful bag that comes in 5 different prints with a color-coordinating fur panel. Each bag also has its own character–the Bestie Girls–who appears as keychains on the bag and comes with a brief biography. As your daughters are discovering things they like (and don’t like), it’s fun for them to “meet” another girl who is just like they are. There are 5 different bags & girls to choose from, with personalities that are as unique and diverse as the girls in our lives:
- Rachel (Pink): loves music and hanging with her friends. She loves fashion and is always the first to hear about new bands and the latest trends.
- Claire (Blue): loves nature, exercising, and animals. She is cool and down-to-earth, and can usually be found volunteering at an animal shelter.
- Zoey (Yellow): loves learning something new. She loves to bake and is active in her community. She likes organizing bake sales so she can try new recipes while fundraising for a good cause.
- Vanessa (Purple): loves movies and comedies. She makes the best jokes and goes out of her way to make people laugh. She dreams of becoming a comedian and staring in her own show.
- Katie (Orange): is adventurous and loves to try new things. She loves sports, especially soccer and basketball.
My girls had the chance to review the Claire and Katie bags.
Sometimes I just never know what my girls will like. But when I showed them pictures of the Bestie Bags (before we even received them), they got so excited about the colors and the fur! When the bags arrived, they couldn’t wait to see who they got and what she was like. My eldest chose Claire because of the blue (her favorite color at the moment). My daughter loves to dance and exercise along with me, so she felt like Claire was very similar to her. My other daughter bonded with Katie immediately. Despite the fact that she wasn’t pink or purple (two of her favorite colors right now), she loved the fun print and fur. After reading more about Katie, I realized that their personalities meshed well too. Like Katie, my middle daughter is very active and interested in sports (at least trying them), and she is definitely a lot more outgoing and adventurous than her big sis.
In terms of construction, the bags are simply manufactured. They’re made of lightweight soft fabric with a fur panel on the front. They have a single velcro enclosure in the middle of the bag with a white cotton lining. The strap is a white nylon webbing that is adjustable for if you want to wear the bag on your shoulder or cross-body. I like that it’s not bulky and is big enough to hold whatever your daughter might need with her– nail polish, lip gloss, trading cards, sunglasses and a change purse. The bags retail for $19.99 and the keychains are sold separately for $4.99. It’s fun to collect them all, OR they can be a gift among best friends. The Bestie Bag is the new BFF necklace.
Check out my girls’ video review of the Bestie Bag below, and then shop for yours at BestieBag.com.
*Disclaimer: I received the Bestie Bag in exchange for this review. All opinions are authentic and honest, especially when kids are the testers!