This week I started putting some wardrobe ideas together for my daughters’ school pictures. But what I haven’t even thought of was what to do with their hair! Luckily, I have an expert to give some ideas!
Kids’ hair authority Cozy Friedman knows what it takes for your Fancy Girl to have picture perfect hair on the big day. Author of Cozy’s Complete Guide to Girls Hair, founder of Cozy’s Cuts for Kids salons in New York City and the So Cozy hair care line, Cozy is here with her top five picture-day prep tips to ensure a picture you will cherish forever.
1. Prepare hair ahead of time: Cozy recommends getting a trim at least two weeks before the big day. “Give your child the time to get used to a new haircut,” says Cozy. “Slightly grown-out hair looks more natural and less stuffy.”
2. Keep is simple: “Don’t try a new hairstyle for picture day,” cautions Cozy. “Your child’s hair style must be comfortable otherwise he or she will play around with it.” Cozy suggests going with an easy look that represents your child’s everyday style for a picture you’ll both love.
3. Don’t wash and go: Cozy recommends shampooing the night before for picture-perfect hair in the morning. “Use a leave-in conditioner like So Cozy Detangler and Leave-In Conditioner ($11.95) after washing,” says Cozy. “In the morning you can use a little more to refresh hair and help boost body and shine.”
4. Add some style: “Use a light styling cream or alcohol-free styling gel the morning of picture day,” suggests Cozy. “You want a neat, smooth style that doesn’t look stiff or slick.” Cozy recommends carrying her So Cozy Styling Gel ($13.95) or Styling Cream ($13.95) to school for last minute touch-ups.
5. Be yourself: When it comes to picture day, “your child should look like they normally do,” says Cozy. “Remember it’s picture day, not Halloween.”
For more information please visit www.socozy.com