You know the saying, “Great minds think alike?” Well obviously I share a great mind with Christina Applegate since we both think little girls should have a fashion site just for them. She is the creative partner behind the innovative new e-commerce subscription site FabKids.com which is JUST for little girls!
“FabKids encapsulates everything I believe in for my daughter and want as a mom. I want my daughter to have the confidence to express herself. FabKids is all about celebrating girls and empowering them to express their individuality through their own personal style in a way that builds confidence and lets them shine,” says mom and Creative Partner, Christina Applegate. “And like so many working moms, I’m always short on time. I love that FabKids makes it one-click easy to get a cute, wearable outfit – and at an affordable price!”
I first spotted FabKids.com on LilSugar–PopSugar is one of my daily guilty pleasures–and since their judgement is pretty on the money I had to get the low down on this brilliant idea. So here’s the scoop:
- The collection has been created by Head Designer Denise Kalinowski and FabKids’ team of children’s clothing experts.
- The inaugural collection is for Back to School and has over 100 ready-to-play outfits for girls sizes 2-8, and sizes 10 and 12 being added in October.
- When you create an account with FabKids.com, you are taken through a multi-step survey to create your child’s Style Profile (don’t worry, you’ll get a chance to add additional children after you’re done). Upon completion, you receive personalized outfits fit to her personality.
- Based on your survey results, you are given 3-piece outfits to choose from. Each outfit costs $49.95, but you can order items separately (like I did).
- Once you complete your first order, you are now a member. The member fee is $49.95 a month, but that can be used towards a totally new outfit selection which will be sent to you on a monthly basis. The cool thing about this service is if you don’t like any of the outfits, you can pass on the month and not get charged!
- All outfits include free shipping and returns and are backed by the FabKids “Pinky Promise,” which includes a 100% satisfaction guarantee. *I actually just received my first order yesterday (see below) and so far I’m very pleased with the quality of the fabric and detail (note the tie at the waist). Additionally, I received a “first order” sparkle tee for my eldest Fancy Girl (she’s who I ordered for). She had a similar shirt 1 size ago that she wore whenever it was clean (so it seemed) so I know she’s going to love one with a big sequin star! So fancy!
Final Thoughts: I love the concept of this service. At first, I felt the outfit choices were somewhat limited, but that was just because I like browsing lots of different things. But the more I thought about it, it’s actually better to be given a select number of outfits and choices each month so you don’t go crazy with decisions. Plus, each month is a brand new set of outfits–like having a personal shopper deliver new styles to you on a monthly basis. I also like the option to skip a month. My monthly budget doesn’t always allow for clothing shopping; knowing that I can skip without being charged alleviates the pressure of a looming membership fee. Although I DO look forward to seeing what arrives for October!