Fashion is getting real for kids. Walk into any retailer for kids and you’re bound to see some real looking food and animal prints on things like leggings, socks and tops. And make sure you’re not shopping on an empty stomach, because you’ll crave your favorite candy like ASAP. I will admit I made a “huh?” face when I first saw jelly beans and macaroons as leggings, but when my middle daughter HAD to have a candy cane print dress from Childrens’ Place, I finally got it and now we’re all obsessed with the trend. She added to her collection of leggings this Christmas with two pair by Toughskins at Sears. They’re available really cheap too.
When you’re looking for this type of clothing either in a store or online, first you’ll need to know the lingo. You can ask/search for “photo-real,” “photorealistic,” “photo print,” or even “food print clothing.” It’s basically when you see the actual food or animal as a printed fabric. The two best places to start for photo-real clothing are Children’s Place and Zara Terez, but you’ll see below that you can find photorealistic essentials nearly anywhere. The DIYer in me immediately thinks- Oh I wonder if I can make my own! Guess what- of course you can! If you love the photo real trend as much as we do, give at try over at Bags of Love. But if you don’t have high resolution images that you want to make into your own products, get shopping below!
Clockwise from Left to Right:
- Penguin Puffer Tote, Gap
- Best Selfie Ever Photo Real Cap, Amazon
- Photo Real Leggings, FabKids
- Toddler Girl’s Photo-Real Faux Jegging Leggings, Children’s Place
- Toddler Girl’s Long Sleeve Photo-Real Skater Dress, Children’s Place
- Gymnastics I Love Jelly Beans Girls Leotard, Bonanza
- JanSport Superbreak Donut Backpack, Journeys
- Printed Ankle Socks with Food and Designs (Delicious Popcorn), Amazon
- Girls Jelly Bean Print Bikini, Children Salon
- Girls Long Sleeve Photo-Real Candy Heart Nightgown, Children’s Place
Friday Fresh Picks are hand-picked favorite items, reviews and highlights from the amazing women you see above.
Visit their websites to learn about other amazing picks from this week!