Spring and summer fashion is all about neon, feminine florals, bold prints, and bright colors. You could say that color trends right now are literal reflections of the season (spring = flowers, yellow = sun, etc), but in my opinion, everyone looks great in bright colors and I love that fashion houses are embracing the neon again–albeit in a much more trendy and classy way. And speaking of bright colors: yellow is a very popular color this season. For this post, I was inspired by a spread from InStyle magazine showing celebrities in the sunny brights. You can wear yellow head-to-toe like these actresses, or you can pair it with others from the color wheel. Yellow is a wonderful mix-and-match color; it’s practically a neutral. It was my daughter’s color of choice this Easter and continues to stay on her favorite list (next to purple and pink of course). Hopefully the collage below gives you some bright ideas (you like the pun?) for your own daughter’s summer style. Jump below for product info!
Clockwise from top:
- Sweet Heart Rose for Dollie and Me Kids Dress, Little Girls One Shoulder Dress and Matching Doll Outfit, Macy’s $65;
- top: Ruffled Chambray Bow-Tie Top, $14.95 Old Navy, shorts: Classic denim shorts, $26.95 GAP;
- top: Ruffle Swing Top, $12.99 Crazy 8, bottom: Embroidered mini skirt, $29.95 GAP;
- Ruffled Terry Swim Cover-Up, $12.00 Old Navy;
- top: Neppy Sequin Dolly Collar Top, $14-$23 NextDirect.com, skirt: Smocked-Linen Skirt, $10.99 Old Navy;
- The Ava Dress, $60 Etsy;
- top: Lemon Sequin Heart Crew, $20-$29 NextDirect.com, shorts: Dot Knit Short, $6.99 Crazy8;
- Printed Pleated-Yoke Sundress, $14.00 Old Navy.