Are blow dry bars for kids? Seems like a silly question, right? Well, I actually Googled it. I was recently invited to the grand opening of Drybar in Summit, NJ, and since this blog is all about girls fashion and lifestyle, I paused a beat before I responded. I mean – would I like a complimentary blowout? Heck yeah! But could I bring the girls too? Was it something kids could do too? A quick Google search led me to THIS PopSugar post about how kids can totally get blowouts and that Drybar actually had a service called the “Shirly Temple.” I don’t always get the opportunity to do something for the blog that all of us can enjoy together, so this was an extra special treat! And besides, when you think Drybar, most automatically think of it as just a salon for adults. But how often do you think of kids? Well, now you know it’s an option, and it’s something that I highly recommend to any mom looking for a fun day of pampering or just an option for a special event. If you want to know everything to expect, and plan for, when you’re making a Drybar appointment for yourself, head over to my friend Cori’s blog and get the lowdown on her visit to the same salon. If you want to see what it was like for my 3 girls and learn the 6 reasons kids can enjoy blowout bars too, then keep reading.
1. A bright and cheery salon with a big grand mirror to strike a pose.
2. All the pretty things! There is a look book of styles for both women and girls. Chances are, this will be your Fancy Girl’s first blow dry bar experience, and she’ll need to see what her hair could look like.
3. Pleasant stylists with the magic touch. Everyone loves the shampoo phase of a hair appointment, and my youngest was completely entranced by her stylist Valerie (@bellagothika_hair) from the moment she sat in the shampoo chair. All 3 girls felt like royalty for the day, and what Fancy Girl – young or older – doesn’t love some pampering now and then?
4. Delicious smelling products that mothers and daughters can share. All 4 of us started with the Pep Rally Primer. All of the hair products are available for purchase online.
5. No raining on her parade! You can’t predict the weather (it was pouring when we arrived), and complimentary umbrellas will protect her tresses for whatever special occasion she is getting beautified for.
6. Last but not least, it’s a salon experience that moms and daughters can enjoy together!